Full time Manager / Coach – Fives & Wallball – West London
A unique opportunity to build a coaching career helping the local community at Westway
Over the last two years the Eton Fives Association (EFA), in collaboration with UK Wallball, has been delivering a highly successful and ambitious programme developing Eton Fives and Wallball at Westway, involving the local community. The work has been supported by grants from John Lyon’s Charity, the City Bridge Trust and Sport England, helping to fund the key role of Fives Manager / Coach, alongside assistant coaches.
The Manager / Coach is responsible for outreach and coaching activities at the Centre, with outreach targets including:
- Schools in local boroughs.
- University Fives (especially the new Imperial College facility).
- Youth clubs.
- Disabled people.
- Over 45s.
- Family fives.
- Women’s fives.
- Ethnic minorities.
Building on the success of the local Westway Club and the popular twice-weekly pay-per-play sessions, the current programme draws players from across the community, and annual footfall has far exceeded expectations. Local state schools are enthusiastically engaged, and a Junior Club started two years ago now plays matches against fives-playing schools.
The EFA is now looking to fill the position of Manager / Coach, full-time or job-share, as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Previous experience playing Eton Fives or Wallball, or the ability to learn a new ball game within a short timeframe (as the current Manager / Coach has done very successfully).
- Excellent coaching skills, ideally within a school environment.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- ‘Get up and go’ attitude.
- Persistence, imagination and the desire to improve people’s lives through sport.
This is an opportunity to join a highly successful programme and take it to the next level. The position offers autonomy and real opportunity for personal/career development, alongside top quartile salary, flexible working and good benefits.